Spontaneity is the first course in our workshop program and is for anyone who wants to learn how to improvise, including people who want to do impro for fun, to better their professional skills, or to eventually pursue performance.
Spontaneity covers the basics of impro and introduces you to our style and approach to improvisation. You'll unleash your creativity by playing fun impro games. You'll have an enjoyable evening of laughing a lot while meeting new people and learning useful skills.
We’ll explore core principles of improvisation, including:
- Being present in the moment
- Accepting ideas and saying 'yes'
- Idea generation
- Supportive play
- Silencing the internal critic
- Communication skills
You'll leave our course with a range of life benefits as well:
- Increase confidence
- Put the brakes on perfectionism
- Improve listening and observation skills
- Enhance creative-thinking your brainstorming abilities
- Improve focus and concentration
- Adapt to change
- Overcome fear of failure and being judged
- ...and it's fun!
You can trust our 30+ years of experience teaching and performing in Melbourne and internationally. Our experienced teachers are professionals who work in the arts. Enjoy a safe creative environment with a company that values diversity and welcomes people of different ethnicities, religions, sexualities, genders, abilities, ages, and backgrounds.