Take the spotlight!
This course teaches practical stage techniques essential for any improviser. They will elevate your presence on stage, especially for long form, genre-based, physical, and theatrical improvisation.
You'll learn how to:
- understand and use stage terminology such as upstage, stage left, prompt side etc.
- find your light and look like a pro
- engage and connect with an audience by using your eyeline and playing the corners
- create stage pictures, using levels and blocking
- how to welcome and look after audience members coming onto and leaving the stage
- implement theatre saftey protocols and etiquette
And along the way you'll pick up some old theatre traditions and sayings like 'onion at the end' or 'claquers'