The Film Noir workshop delves deep into the genre of film noir. In this workshop, students will be focusing on the language, relationships and character traits of genre. This will also explore the creation of the physical world to help bring the ‘theatre’ of the genre alive.
- be required to do genre related readings and film watching in preparation for lessons
- explore Patsy Rodenburg Second Circle acting techniques to understand the physical and mental signs of really being present with cast members
- work on object and language exercises - slowing down and establishing character, environment, relationship by how we move and what’s around us
- ‘mantra’ scenes and using ‘9 point soap opera blocking’
- establishing strong opening two person scenes and moving onto follow up scenes to create story arch, build relationships and bring tension.
- building 10, 15, 20min noir pieces with side coaching to help slow pace and recognize issues within the scenes between characters without needing outside ‘problems’
Questions? contact Kate our workshop co-ordinator.
Age requirements 18 and over. Please see our Impro in Schools programs for anyone under 18.