There are so many reason to take an improvisation class. Here are just a few.
The improvisation mindset will strip away it all and teach you to embrace the life’s truths, absurdities, and realities. The lessons are simple — so utterly simple, that they’re deceptive and the most difficult to achieve. It teaches us to unlearn all we’ve learned and adopt a new mind/shift. (read more)
Benefits of improvisation
The experience and knowledge that you gain from participating in the improv troupe will enrich you in many unique ways.
Some of the common benefits are:
Increased Confidence. Improved Public Speaking Skills. Enhanced Acting Abilities.
Gained Comfort in Social Settings. Refined Brainstorming Abilities. Improved Listening and Observation Skills.
Enhanced Creative-Thinking Abilities. Improved Decision-Making Skills. Team Development Skills.
1. There are no failures, only revelations 6. Commitment
2. Action mindset: less talking more doing 7. The truth is more interesting than fiction
3. Face your fears 8. Improved communication for improved relationships
4. Yes, and… 9. Great mental workout
5. Patience 10. It’s a blast!
1. Improv drags you out of that asynchronous, virtual-reality world, and drops you into that wondrous world of high-energy, immediate, person-to-person interaction.
2. Improv teaches us to soften our focus and heighten our awareness, so that we can respond well to surprises.
3. Improv teaches us to listen more patiently and to respond more slowly than we may be accustomed. That allows us to be present to colleagues and friends in ways that we may never before have been.
4. An improv class is one of the few places in life where you have permission to genuinely “fail” without fear. By definition, you’re experimenting and trying things on without judgment. For those of us uptight people who feel the need to say or do the perfect thing, we too often freeze up in the clutch and say or do nothing. That’s not exactly peak performance. Working at building up our improv muscles is a powerful counterforce that can help in every kind of professional situation.