Joined Impro Melbourne 2018
Lottie spent her childhood performing with her family’s professional performance company and became a professional children’s entertainer in her early 20’s. In 2006 she co-founded Beijing Impro, China’s first and Asia’s largest, impro company, performing in long form and short form impro shows including; Maestro, Theatresports, The Harold, La Round and devised a number of formats which she performed in. In 2018 she joined Melbourne Impro and has never looked back.Teaching Experience:
With a Bachelor of Education, specialising in Drama, Lottie regularly taught bilingual (Chinese, English) impro classes to the Beijing Community, through weekly workshops, to corporate clients and at festival jams. She trained the Beijing Impro English players and co-founded and trained Beijing Impro’s ‘BIG’ (Bilingual Impro Group). She has taught drama and impro to children in NZ, the UK and China. Lottie co-developed Impro Corporate Training materials with Lightbulb Impro, Canberra.Teaching Credits
- Performance arts schools: Head of Drama, Dulwich College, developed Primary School impro drama units and taught impro to all year levels; 2006-2011
- Improvisation Companies: Beijing Impro’s English Players, Bilingual Impro Group and community classes for all levels; 2006-2014
- Improvisation Festivals: Lottie was the festival director for the Beijing Impro Interactive Arts Festivals; 2009, 2010, 2012.
- 2nd and 3rd Annual Hong Kong Comedy Festival; 2008, 2009
- Beijing Impro Interactive Arts Festivals; 2009, 2010, 2012.
- Impromtunes, Completely Improvised Musical Showcase; 2017, 2018
- Impro Melbourne: Maestro, Death Comes to Us All, Theatresports, Mork and Mind, Smells Like a Song, The Lab Series; 2018
- Impro Melbourne Performance Series: Play it Like a Playwright, Poe-etic, Nautical Tales; 2017, 2018
- Small and Loud: Lifeboat; 2018
- Personally devised: The Wishing Well, Beijing 2014, Melbourne 2018. 4 Square, Beijing 2013, Entrances and Exits Beijing, 2013.
- Death Prom; 2006
- The Wedding – Beijing and Tianjin performances; 2013
- The Tianjin Movie Awards: Murder Mystery Night; 2013
- The Beijing Movie Awards: Murder Mystery; 2012
- The Tianjin Comedy Night; 2012
Radio credit: Co-hosted 95Bfm Kiddies Show 1991-1996
- Favourite Impro Melbourne show:
- Soap Opera series are always fun to watch and always show some serious impro skills but I just love playing in musical formats!
Comic inspirations: Taika Waititi, Charlie Chaplin, Tina Fey, Helena Bonham Carter.
Impro Motto or Quote: 'The world is a slightly better place for having improvisation in it than it was before. There's something about it that says something positive about the human spirit, that a bunch of people can get together and by following a few simple traffic rules can create art and can entertain an audience and can thrill and exalt each other." Del Close
My little secret: I pretend we’re doing the show for one person, who is sitting at the back of the theatre and I project the show to them.