With Katherine Weaver
“Really enjoyed the course! The skills I’ve learnt have improved my professional communication and given me a bunch of material for workshop facilitation & team building.”
Spontaneity is an introduction to the skills, language, theory and concepts of improvisation explored through the use of games, exercises and discussion in a safe, friendly, playful atmosphere.
Students learn to
- Relax and allow creative ideas to flow
- Obey and trust their creative impulses
- Be present in the moment
- Practice good listening skills
- Accept and build on ideas (offers)
- Work collaboratively with others
- Learn to embrace making mistakes
- Understand and identify the impro terms offer, accept, block, wimp, hog
The course is designed to encourage fearlessness, unleash creativity and be fun. It is an active program and requires participation from all students.
Spontaneity is a great way to challenge yourself, bring laughter and play into your world and break out of your comfort zone!
Spontaneity is the mandatory first course of the Impro Melbourne workshop program. It requires no prior improvisation or performance experience.
Note: Impro Melbourne workshops are for ages 18 and over.