Take the leap from improvising for audiences to improvising with audiences! This workshop explores the creation and delivery of interactive, boutique and experiential theatre, taking inspiration from HBO’s Westworld or Punchdrunk’s Sleep No More, extending improvisation principles to semi-rehearsed scenework with unrehearsed participants. These skills will be applied to Less Than Three, a show about love for one audience member at a time.
Students will learn:
- techniques for audience interaction
- how to prepare a semi-rehearsed improvised performance
- creating and devising a performance
- analyzing and using the possibilities of physical space
- how to create a mood in an audience